The project aimed to the creation of a replicable structured education format for young people to be active and autonomous in their communities. The educational format allows the training of youth leaders/multipliers and the incrasing of cooperation at local and national level between stakeholders and youth on the specific topic of HRE, youth engagement and peace.
From Witness to Actor is a capacity building path to change the narrative about youth. With a specific focus on their contribution to youth, peace and security.
Thanks to the project the following objectives were achieved:
1. creation of a structured education format for young people to be active and autonomous that can be replicated
2. 2 trained youth workers operating at local level to implement the educational format to youth leaders/multipliers
3. Increased cooperation at local and national level between stakeholders and youth on the specific topic of HRE, youth engagement and peace. Also, the participation of the 2 youth workers in 2 international events on the topic of youth engagement, HR, peacebuilding and operational tools for coordinating local activities
4. Empowerment of 30 young people with tool and capacity to create concrete actions at a local level to advocate for their rights to participate, to understand and willing to promote/protect HR, to take the responsibility of contributing to building a more peaceful and secure society
5. Realization of 15 concrete actions at local level involving 300 young people (10 for each participant involved)
6. Realization of an action plan ideated and lead by young people for 2020 to increase the number and type of grass-roots activities in Nablus, to reach more marginalized youth
7. Implementation of a communication campaign done by the 30 youth involved directly to improve the recognition of civil society initiatives for promoting and building peace, taking into account the needs and priorities of the context in Palestine.